Monday, March 11, 2013

Passion Tea Lemon Posicles!

 
Soooo, I can't seem to stop making this Passion Tea Lemonade. I decided to make popsicles and see how that would work. It was definitely trial and error. The first bite seemed a little funky, but after that I liked them!
You can make this weaker, stronger, sweeter or more lemony to your taste. This is what I made and I'm happy with the ratios. This opens up a whole new world though. I'll have to try more flavors this summer.
Try freezing this in ice cube trays too. You can put them in your Iced Tea glass...see what I mean, I can't stop!
 
 
 
4 Passion teabags
4 True Lemon
4 Truvia
Microwave for 90 seconds in a large mug and add tea bags to steep
Add Lemon and Truvia
Let cool
Pour into molds
Place foil over mold and insert sticks
The foil will hold the sticks in place
Freeze overnight
 
 
 
 I happen to have this mold, but you could use dixie cups too.
 
 
 
Yes, even my bowl to my ice cream maker is green, I can't help myself, I love green! I'm branching out to yellow and purple though.
 
The sticks had frozen in crooked and the aluminum top was hard to get off.
 

   Putting aluminum foil over the top and poking the sticks through would work much better. :-)
 
 
The finished product!
Run the mold bottom under warm water to release the pop.
Some froze clear, others cloudy. It didn't seem to make any difference in taste.
 
This mold looks much better than the one I used, it has it's own tops too. I just ordered it!

There are books on the subject too...I ordered this one. I'll keep you posted on the recipes I try!

No comments:

Post a Comment