Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I do windows..and glass..and stuff

 
Hate to clean windows? Hate to clean glass, but love how it looks when it is clean? Do you go back and forth, outside and in to get the spots you missed? Have your appliances lost their sparkle?? Does your car windshield block more than the sun?
 
 
You wouldn't know it by the foot+ of snow we just got here, but I hear tell that it is Spring "down below" as we call anything South of us. Of course, for my cousins Down Under in Australia, they are going into Fall (you can't win them all guys!).  My brother,way,way South of us, is mowing his lawn and probably has a sunburn already!
 
 I thought this would be a good time to talk about cleaning those darn windows. I live right on a main road, ok, the ONLY main road we have. In fact , there isn't a stoplight in the whole county. Anyway, I get tons of salt and dirt on my windows and they are a b---- to clean.
I have 2 products that I use and they are great for more than just windows.
 
My husband turned me on to Invisible Glass when he first saw it in a small auto parts store many years ago. It has since gone mainstream and I think WalMart and grocery stores might have it. It does not have any dye it in it and it does not streak like the blue stuff. I use it on windows, chrome and any glass in the house. It also comes in towelettes which are great to keep in the car for windshields and  windows. With 5 dogs pressing their noses up against my truck windows, they are handy to have!
 
I also like to use the Supercloth. The pink one below is a good value and a good size. You wet the whole cloth, then squeeze it out so it is just damp and only use the cloth, no cleaners. I wash my windows with that too and just rinse it out every now and then as I go. It works really well on getting spots off the insides of the windows. I can clean all my windows in minutes, not hours. You can dry the windows with a good microfiber as you go too.
The Supercloth is also great for cleaning anything in your house as long as it can get damp. It is great for mini blinds and floors!

No comments:

Post a Comment