Sunday, June 2, 2013

Burrata Cheese

 
You probably have heard about this cheese if you have been watching the Food Channel lately. It seems to be one of the "in" cheeses. I decided to give it a try and it is a nice change from regular mozzarella.
 It is a thin balloon of fresh mozzarella filled with a mixture of cream and mozzarella shreds.
MapleBrook Farm in Vermont has an Italian gentleman making this delicacy and he sure does it right!


 
When you slice into it, you can see the creamy interior, YUM!!!

I drizzled the burrata with some good olive oil and showered it with freshly cracked pepper.

 
This was Sunday breakfast...
 
 I sauteed brown tomatoes with curry powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and olive oil. I added some eggs and cream and lightly scrambled the mixture to serve with my burrata.
I loved the curry powder in the eggs and the burrata was outstanding!!!
 
You can serve the cheese with grilled fruit, or figs or just slathered on some toast too.

No comments:

Post a Comment