Sunday, November 25, 2012

Decorate your guest bath/laundry room

Is the only bathroom your guests can use also your laundry room?

I live in an old house and my downstairs bathroom is also where my washer and dryer live. As a result, it doesn't make for a very pretty guest bathroom. I have a little trick to make it more inviting.
 Put a few placemats or a nice piece of seasonal fabric on the washer and dryer tops. Add a plate with candles in the foreground and then decorate around the candles. I like to use several heights so it fills in the area nicely and hides as much of the appliance tops as possible. I have used little hat boxes here to add height, but you can use paint cans, wood blocks, saucepans, or anything to add dimension. Use a piece of fabric to cover ordinary items and that will give you a flat surface to put your decorations on.
The candles will also light up a dark room and give your guests a chance to find the light switch!

PROBLEM SOLVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment