Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Favorite Snow Shovel




Been through a blizzard recently? Get a lot of snow where you live? Hate the snow shovel you have now?
 
I moved to the Adirondacks 10 years ago and since then I have gained a LOT of experience shoveling snow. They say we have 2 seasons up here: Winter and 3 months of poor sledding!
I also owned horses for 45 years and definitely know a thing or two about shoveling period, if you get my drift. Ha! drift, snow, blizzard, sorry, couldn't resist.
While some people sleep with a gun by their bed, I sleep with a snow shovel. Not just any snow shovel, the best one I have found so far. In fact, I own 3 just in case one breaks. I had been using one for many years and the handle finally cracked. I loved it so much I kept using it even without the handle because I could not find a new one. Have you ever tried to use a shovel without a handle? It's not easy!
Anywhooo, I finally found them again and bought extra ones. I keep one by each door. One to shovel puppy paths, as it doesn't take much snow to be over the head of a miniature schnauzer. One to shovel to the woodpile, have to keep the home fires burning as it were. Not to mention one straight version to knock down tall piles.
The blade on this shovel is super thin, coated aluminum so the snow slides right off it. And since it is so thin, it slices right through the snow with little effort. The backsaver design is most useful, but I do have the straight handled one to clear snow off lawn furniture and such (no I don't put it away like I'm supposed to!)
And why do I sleep with it you may ask? Well, as my sister recently found out...when you get a lot of snow, you need to shovel your way OUT the door. If your shovel is in the garage, it will do you no good. Plus, if it is inside, the handle stays nice and warm.
Yep, I do have a permit to carry a concealed gun and I even own a .38, but I get way more snow than intruders. Besides, I'm too much of a klutz to aim the gun in the dark and my shovel can inflict lots of damage to a person's body if I start flailing it around ;-).
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment