Sunday, February 3, 2013

Valentine's Day Feather Tree






 
Tired of the same old centerpiece? Need to brighten up your desk at work? 
 

 
Try taking a feather tree and adorning it with cute Valentine's Day ornaments. The ornaments are from my favorite company, http://www.oldworldchristmas.com/.
 
Feather trees were popular during the Victorian era and I read that they were the first artificial tree. 
They are still made with real feathers, so they can be pricey. You can find them in a variety of colors too.
 
I think I will try making one. Check out this link for supplies and a how to video!
 
This white one happened to be on clearance so I could not resist it as I have always wanted one. It will be pretty with pink and red for Valentine's Day, awesome with yellow and pale green for Easter and great with red, white and blue for Memorial day and 4th of July.
 
 
I just love these conversation hearts, they are calorie free and will not cause cavities!

 
They have a heart that is 2 horseshoes entwined...definitely have to get that one next.

 
My friend is going to borrow the tree next weekend . She is going to use it as the centerpiece for a wedding shower, too cute!


 

 In the picture below, I put the tree on top of a "table runner".  I unfolded holiday napkins and placed them end to end to look like a runner. I scattered 2 sizes of candy hearts on top and added an iron rose my husband forged. If you don't happen to have a blacksmith handy, scatter some real or silk roses on top and it will look great!

 
Add some other candies to the mix and you have a nifty little dessert bar. Don't forget the sugar free chocolates too!
 
Problem Solved!

2 comments: