Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Food Hospital-Best New "Cooking" Show

I don't know about you, but there are times ( more than I'd like to admit) that I feel totally guilty checking out at the grocery store. I try to put the healthy food on the conveyor belt first so the cashier will forgive the junk food that follows. The only trouble with that technique is the person behind you only sees the junk food and not the healthy stuff you sent out first as a decoy! OY!

Even my TV playlist is full of calorie laden and guilt ridden food shows.

I love food, all of it, the good , the bad AND the ugly. I'm just as happy with a crunchy, sweet piece of romaine lettuce as I am a potato chip. It's just that the potato chip keeps longer in my cupboard and is much easier to eat than making a salad. The other problem I have is that the store is an hour away so you can only go twice a month since gas and time are at a premium.
 
However, I have recently been inspired by a new "cooking" show on The Cooking Channel called the Food Hospital. It is filmed in the UK and is very interesting. They definitely seem to be helping people. What I like best about it is, no drama! We have too much drama in our lives these days, so who needs to watch it on TV too? Watching the show has been very inspiring. They show people how to make changes, even small ones, that can make a huge difference.
 
Check it out sometime and see what will inspire you! It airs Mondays at 9pm.

P.S. Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Almonds are totally healthy, don't start!
The Experts
These are the doctors and nutritionist on the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment