Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sheebeg Sheemore on Mountain Dulcimer


Linda Brockinton playing Sheebeg Sheemore


Are you stuck in a rut? No hobbies? No musical talent, or so you think?! Always wanted to play an instrument, but never got around to it?
 
Try the Mountain Dulcimer, it will open up a whole new world for you like it did for me.
 
Yes, I have Mountain Fever...Mountain Dulcimer Fever that is. It is so fun and simple yet complicated. Thanks to my sister, I have a new passion. Now we are 4 sisters on a journey as we also have another sister and a sister-in-law hooked. If you ever have the opportunity to hear or try this instrument, I urge you to do so. It is affordable, portable, social, mentally stimulating and down right FUN!
 
 
This is one of the songs I am trying to learn for our Sister Strings next gathering. Soooooooooooo pretty, I can't stand it!
 
I only hope to play it 1/10th as well as Linda, what an inspiration.
Does it count if I can do the harmonic right?

There are groups all around the country that you can hook up with.
Here are 2 to start with:
 Connecticut Mountain Dulcimer Gathering
http://ctmtdulcimer.com/index.html
CT is having an open house get together Feb 23, 2013.

Albany Dulcimer Association in Albany, NY
http://www.dulcimerassociationofalbany.com/
Albany is having a gathering March 1-3, 2013.

2 comments:

  1. I can only hope to be able to play that well one day. Practice practice.

    ReplyDelete