Saturday, December 22, 2012

Best Fireplace /Woodstove Glass Cleaner

Up here in the Adirondacks we definitely need woodstoves and fireplaces! The problem is, the darn glass gets filthy every day. I have a big glass front door on mine and I like to keep it clean so I can see the flames. This is the best cleaner I have found. It sprays out nicely and cleans the glass quickly. You can find it at TrueValue hardware stores.
 
 If you have heavy gunk, you will need to use a razor blade as well. You can put the blade in a nice long holder and it scrapes off the heavy stuff. This holder will also keep your hand farther away from the soot and you will stay cleaner!
 
 I will clean the glass in the morning when it is the coolest, before I restoke the wood for the day.
Stay Warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment