Sunday, December 23, 2012

Cookie Press Heaven!


Kuhn Rikon Cookie Press
 
I could not find my cookie press and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I had to buy a new one and it is bliss! My old one was aluminum, turned your hands black and was a pain to literally "crank" out the cookies.
 
This one is..
 
easy to fill ...
 
 
and press!
 
One click of the ratchet and you have a cookie. The directions say do not use a non-stick sheet, but it works just fine if you follow a tip from an on-line reviewer. Make sure to use a cold sheet. You can rinse it in cold water or put it in the freezer for a minute. I did both after the first batch and the cookie press worked perfectly.

Why Mardi Gras colors you ask? Well, I can't find my green and red sugar. I guess they must be with the old cookie press!

2 comments:

  1. looks very nice. but I confess a fondness for the classic Mirro aluminum cookie press.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know what you mean! That's what I grew up with and that's the one I can't find. I never thought I would be a convert and looked at the new fangled ones with disdain as they were breaking tradition! But, I have to say, sometimes new isn't all that bad. My mother used to use the star tip and make wreaths, which are probably the easiest with the Mirro. I don't miss having black hands though from the aluminum.And resetting the ratchet on the new one is so much faster. Either way, Spritz are awesome!! :-) Happy Baking!!

      Delete