Saturday, December 1, 2012

Ladder Chandelier


 
I do not have a light fixture over my dining table and it would be a royal pain to install one. Besides, I am constantly moving the table to a new position depending on my mood(notice the patch area where I wanted the last one to go!).  To solve that problem, I hung an old apple picking ladder above my dining table as a chandelier of sorts. The ladders actually come in sections and the top most section comes to a point to get up into the branches without disturbing them. This looks like a middle section. This piece is really rustic and has beautiful metal supports and ends that add to the charm. I thought it would provide lots of decorating possibilities for each season. I found battery operated lights that have a timer so I don't have to reach up and turn them on each night. I have harvest colored lights with the leaves for Fall.
 
 
 
 
 
I have white lights with greenery, pine cone garland and some really pretty glass ornaments (that I found in a very neat shop here in Indian Lake) for Christmas.
In the beginning, I added too much stuff, imagine that!
 I found that if I put a little less on, the ladder was more visible and the whole effect was more chic.
My sister loved it, but said it was too rustic for her home. The beauty is, adapt it to your home. Find something modern, white, black, nautical, anything. Just look around at objects and see them in a new light. Would that object first of all, look good on the ceiling? Second, does it have the potential to decorate it and hang objects from it? You will be amazed at what might work!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment