Thursday, December 6, 2012

Foodie Website: Rancho Gordo, a must see!!


 
Low Carb/No Gluten Alert: They carry Amaranth and Quinoa too!
 
 
I was not a big bean fan when I met my husband, but he was. OMG! The sunrise is beautiful right now! Sorry, I had to share that... Anyway, as I was saying beans, yeah, not so much. Now that I have spent over 30 years with a bean lover,I have changed my ways. There is a New York product called Grandma Brown's beans that initially converted me. They are small beans in a nice sauce that you embellish with onion, mustard, bacon and brown sugar.
http://www.amazon.com/Grandma-Browns-Home-Baked-Beans/
 
BUT
These heirloom beans from Rancho Gordo make bean eating and cooking oh so fun! Sorry, I use a LOT of exclamation points when I write because that is my personality, full tilt or snoozeville. I do not have a "medium" button in my brain.
You can subscribe to their newsletter and they have a cookbook as well. The book is great because it teaches you all about the beans and has great recipes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment