Saturday, December 1, 2012

Herb Scramble with Toast "Homefries"

 
I love crunchy, buttery grilled bread and I love homefries, so I combined the 2 ideas and made toast homefries!
I topped the eggs with my new favorite, MapleBrook Farm feta.We usually use cheddar and melt it into the eggs at the last minute.
 
 
 
Butter your bread slices, then cube them. Fry the cubes in the pan until brown and crispy. Transfer cubes to a plate and keep them warm on the back of the stove.
 
Dan likes to fry the tomatoes before you add the egg mixture.
 
 
I had italian parsley, cilantro and chives left over from the holiday so those are the herbs I used in the eggs. You could use any herb you like.
Cook your eggs as usual, add the cheese and serve with your crunchy cubes.
Enjoy!
 
 




2 comments:

  1. I would never have thought of this. I`ll have to give it a try. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, it's fun! Instead of having toast and potatoes, you have one starch. The outside is crunchy and buttery and the inside is warm and chewy.Butter both sides of the bread for maximum yum!

    ReplyDelete