Monday, December 3, 2012

Foodie Gift: Set of Herb Finishing Salts


I just found a really neat gift at Trader Joe's! I had to take a trip because my sister Laurie gave me huge basket filled with her favorite TJ items and I ran out of a few! Mind you it is an hour and 45 drive so yes, I'm totally addicted.
While I was there, I spied this cute little set. It was $8 and a bargain as far as I'm concerned. Cheap enough to get one for yourself and give another one as a gift. They smell divine and each come in their own grinders. The best part is, the grinders also have covers! This keeps the mess to a minimum and you can grind into the top and make sure you use exactly the amount you want...sweeeet!

I used the lemon thyme one in a broccoli cheese casserole and on the final dish as a finishing salt. You could really taste the herbs, not too strong or too weak,they were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment